Please Jessica at info@tracydodsonphotography.com for our pricing information.

Family, Children and Senior Portraits all start at $350 per session.

Jessy responds quickly to email - if you have emailed me and you have not received a reply, please check your junk mail.

At this time we are no longer shooting weddings.

INFO@TRACYDODSONPHOTOGRAPHY.COM

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Practice

Since I'm teaching my little photo class for homeschool...I thought I would practice different things.

I was experimenting with window light today.....Something I had read about in a blog recently....I wasn't concerned with the background necessarily just the light....

I am going to try and post a picture a day.....Probably won't happen but I will try....

Steph

above picture adjusted for "almost" black and white....
IMG_9645 repair bw

4 comments:

Sara Ancich February 19, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

Would it be simple to give me instructions how to blur out the background in pictures? Maybe I should sign up for your co-op class. I'm 34, could I make the cut?

Miller Family February 19, 2009 at 9:58 PM  

I love these of steph!

Unknown February 20, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

Sara – it’s my lens but read the wrap up on aperature and depth of field (linked below). I’ll try to put some things on my blog too. If I prepare for the class with notes – I will send them to you and post them on the blog!
You need to know the F stops on your lens. Most that come with the camera only go to 4.0. what lens do you have? That will give you some blur but not really…..
Did you buy a canon SLR?

My lens of choice for portraits is the Canon 85 mm 1.8 (about $400). That picture of Brooke on my blog leaning against the brick wall is taken with it. I had it wide open (at 1.8 aperature). I will explain more but read pioneer woman’s description.

The picture of Stephanie with the poppies is taken with a Canon 70 -200 2.8 lens. this lens is super heavy but I love it for certain things.

Here's the link:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/photography/2008/05/what-the-heck-is-an-aperture-part-one/

I am Mom February 21, 2009 at 6:04 PM  

I love when steph has her hair back! she is so pretty. and tell sarah she can do the co-op class if she is a massage therapist and can practice on us as an exchange

Best Wedding
Photographers
in Temecula
2016

California Wedding Day

California Wedding Day
Honored to be on the Temecula Haute List
WeddingWire Tracy Dodson Photography Reviews, Best Wedding Photographers in Inland Empire - 2015 Couples' Choice Award Winner
 
Contact me. Thanks!
Tracy@TracyDodsonPhotography.com


Info and Investment

We shoot on location using natural light. We absolutely love what we do.

Please contact us if you are interested: info@tracydodsonphotography.com

On the Temecula List!

On the Temecula List!
California Wedding Day

ClickinMoms

love this group ClickinMoms.com

Wedding Wire Reviews from Brides

Read all of our Wedding Photography Reviews at Weddings, Wedding Cakes,  Wedding Planning, Wedding Checklists, Free Wedding Websites, Wedding Dresses, Wedding Ideas & more

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP